Saturday, March 10, 2012

Product Review: Dave Ramsey's My Total Money Makeover



This year my wife and I started getting serious about our finances.  For the first time, I've found a system that actually works.  Throughout our marriage we've been relatively frugal, but we haven't allocated our money very efficiently.  I can't tell you how many budgets I have written up.  However, what good is a budget if you don't have a very effective way of sticking to it?

In January, I drank the Ramsey Kool Aid and started using Dave Ramsey's My Total Money Makeover Site.  Along with great advice and direction, it has a very powerful budgeting tool he calls Gazelle.  They provide a free thirty day trial, but after that it's $90 a year (includes cash envelope system and My Total Money Makeover Book).  I am thoroughly convinced it's worth it.

I won't bore you with the technical details of how the site works since you can play with it for free.  I will tell you that planning your budget, recording the big expenses, and using only cash for our day to day purchases is WORKING!  Just since January, my wife and I have paid down our debt $14,000, and have a clear plan for the future.  No magic - just hard, goal-oriented work.  Give it a try!

BTW -  I am in no way paid by or affiliated with Dave Ramsey, just wanted to pass along a sweet recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment